Sunday, July 25, 2010

Grocery shopping day

Try this again! I had just typed this up and LOST it.

Today was grocery shopping day and the beginning of week 3 for menu planning. I must say that it has definately saved me a ton of time, I don't have to stress about "What's for dinner?"

This time round it was much easier to plan out the meals, the entire family was in on the planning. So I am praying for less fussing when it comes to actually fixing the meals. Everyone should be getting what they want to eat :)

Before tackling the grocery store with menu in hand, I gathered up the coupons. This Sunday the paper was scarce in providing any good coupons. I am going to have to find a good site to get coupons. I don't like using the internet coupons, because some stores have stopped honoring them (WM in particular).

In following www.moneysavingmom.com and her 31days to a better grocery budget (or something like that) I did take her advice and used cash for paying for the groceries today. So I made a stop at the ATM and took out $200 for this trip. I am thankful that I had $11 in cash in my wallet (I never have cash), because I did go over by exactly $11. BUT, I didn't use my debit card. So that has to be some kind of victory (at least I think so).

I'm discovering that I do like shopping Publix and their BOGO offers! You don't even have to buy 2 to take advantage of the deal and pair it with a coupon and it's even better.

Overall, I saved a total of $40 today. $30 at Publix and $10 and WM. Could have been better if I had more coupons. I really need to stock pile some coupons and if the paper keeps skimping on the inserts its going to be hard to do.

Here's hoping to a better week of dinner time!

No comments:

Post a Comment