Monday, July 12, 2010

Grocery day

I really despise grocery shopping...I mean REALLY despise grocery shopping. Add menu planning on top of that and you've got a receipe for disaster.

But I did it! It only took me 2 hours to plan the menu out and then an hour at Sam's Club to see if it would be cost effective for my family to get a membership and then two hours of the dreaded grocery shopping.....ick!

I was pretty proud of my menu planning though, 2 weeks worth of lunches and dinners all planned out. AND a new rule implemented within our household tonight. The new rule I got from reading and reading searching out ideas on how to get my girls to eat what I fix for dinner that was going to work for our family. The whole sending them to bed without dinner isn't going to work for us, because I didn't start it when they were little. Now they are old enough to have and VOICE an opinion. Dinner time was beginning to be something that I dreaded to do and would do anything I could to get out of it. So here's the new rule: The menu is planned, 2 weeks in advance, you can look over the menu and are able to choose 1 night per week as a FREE night.

Now what is a FREE night? Simple, after the girls have tried the meal that was prepared and if they still don't like it then they can choose to fix themselves something else. 1 FREE night is just that....so they have to choose carefully.

I was kind of sneaky on this tonight, I didn't tell them about the new rule until after dinner was sitting in front of them and they were eating.

No comments:

Post a Comment