Thursday, December 23, 2010

12 days of Christmas

I have a whole new meaning behind that pharse, "12 days of Christmas" and I promise it does not include a partridge and a pear tree! That was the name of the workout I did yesterday. Doing that with some already very sore shoulders made for one painful night trying to sleep! Today's workout was much better....easier on the shoulders. The 12 days of Christmas workout consisted of: 1 overhead squat (22lbs), 2 pushups, 3push presses (22lbs), 4 goblet squats (30 lbs), 5 dips, 6 kettle ball swings (30lbs), 7 box jumps, 8 walking lunges, 9 wall balls (10lbs), 10 pull-ups (banded), 11 sit ups, 12 burpees. All done as if you were singing the traditional Christmas carole!

Thinking of taking pictures of my progress starting in January. So I guess January will be somewhat of a baseline photo. January is when I'm tackling the nutrition aspect of getting healthy. Trying very hard not to call it a resolution. But I will be visiting the scale (ick, really not wanting to)and I guess to make it "real" I'll post the progression here. No worries, no pics of me scanlty dressed (that would just be bad). On some level I think I'm afraid to lose weight as weird as that sounds. I don't want to have to go spend the money on new clothes, but I did ask for the next size down in clothes for Christmas so I should be set for a while. Hopefully by the end of January I'll be able to get into them ;)

A workout buddy and I are starting a food journal and are going to hold each other accountable in that area as well as showing up for our torture sessions. I'm really hoping to get past some of the "hang-ups" that I have that always seem to de-rail my efforts.

No comments:

Post a Comment