Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Back to school




We're off and running! The girls have had a good week so far and I am utterly thankful for that.

Morgan got a good schedule at school, PE at the end of the day and what could be more important than that!

Meredith's school is doing things a bit different this year, she'll be changing classes for every subject. This is odd for elementary school and not something that as a family we have experienced. She seems to be okay with it, I'm curious to see how it will go. Today is the first day of switching classes...we'll see. Her biggest complaint is that the bus driver seems to be an erratic driver.

Madyson's schedule was wrong, but she handled it all by herself! They still had her enrolled in Orchestra (she decided that she didn't want to continue at the end of last school year), after the front office mad her go get the teacher sign off that she had in fact dropped it they corrected her schedule.

Much to my surprise dinner has been a breeze this week! *Keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of the week* Did things a bit different this week, in that only planned for 1 week at a time as opposed to 2. Definately easier to compile! Meredith told me yesterday that I did a good job in planning for this week...made me smile. A step in the right direction considering where we were 5 weeks ago.

Grocery shopping this week was actually somewhat enjoyable! Trying to figure out this couponing thing...it is more difficult than I ever thought it would be. Went to the 3 stores I had mapped out and ended up saving $41.32!!! Not too shabby. I'm hoping to get better and faster at my planning and shopping while still increasing our savings. Still have A LOT to learn!!!

No new recipes tried so far this week....will be trying one on Saturday, keep your fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment